The administrative bodies of the National Institute of Oceanography and Applied Geophysics - OGS are:
Nicola Casagli, Full Professor at the University of Florence, is President of the National Institute of Oceanography and Applied Geophysics - OGS.
He was appointed by Decree No. 1197 of 30 December 2019 of the Minister of University and Research and will remain in office for four years.
The President is the legal representative of the Institution and is responsible for institutional relations.
Michele Pipan, member of the Board of Directors and Full Professor at the University of Trieste, is Vice President of the National Institute of Oceanography and Applied Geophysics - OGS.
He was appointed by OGS President Decree No. 25/2021 dated 16/06/2021 and will serve until the current Board of Directors completes its term.
The Board of Directors is the body responsible for the general guidance and planning of the organisation's activities.
The OGS Board of Directors for the four-year period 2020-2023 comprises:
- Prof. Nicola Casagli – President of the Institution
- Prof. Michele Pipan – Expert appointed by MUR
- Prof. Maria Cristina Pedicchio – Representative designated by the scientific community
The Scientific Council is made up of seven members with a high scientific profile, four members selected among Italian and foreign scientists of international renown belonging to Italian or foreign public or private research bodies operating in the fields of primary competence of OGS, and three OGS researchers, elected by the researchers and technologists of OGS.
The Scientific Council of OGS comprises:
- Prof. Icarus Allen – External member
- Prof. Marco Bohnhoff – External member
- Prof. Satish Singh – External member
- Prof.ssa Anja Engel – External member
- Dott. Angelo Camerlenghi – Researcher OGS
- Dott. Simone Libralato – Researcher OGS
- Dott.ssa Angela Saraò – Researcher OGS
The Scientific Council is called upon to express its opinion on the statutory modifications and on the scientific strategy of the Institution, with particular reference to the 10-year Strategic Vision Document and the 3-year Plan of Activities, on the establishment and organisation of the research structures, on the periodic evaluation of the results of the research activity of the Institution, of the researchers and technologists and on any other issue and activity assigned to it.
The Board of Auditors is the body controlling the administrative and accounting regularity of the Institution.
For the four-year period 2021-2024, the Board is composed as follows:
- Dott. Antonio Musella -Chairman of the Board of Auditors - Appointed by the Ministry of University and Research
- Dott. Paolo Cibin - Member - Appointed by the MEF
- Dott.ssa Sara Rossi – Member - Appointed by OGS